Are you passionate about care but want to be able to spend more time with your client? If so, why not work for Active Assistance where you can provide one to one support in the Client’s own home. We are looking for a male ABI Support worker for our client in Paignton. Our mission statement is to “enable people to live as individually and independently as possible and support them to achieve their goals and aspirations”
At Active Assistance you will be a known as a Personal Assistant as your role is to work under the direction of the Client following a personalised care plan. You will be working with one client who you will get to know and develop a good working relationship with. With Active Assistance you can put your considerate nature into practice. You can spend time with the client, enabling them to live fulfilling and independent lives. Ideal candidates for the role will be enthusiastic, conscientious, reliable and flexible.
Part time ABI Support Worker required in Paignton
We are currently looking for a male ABI support worker to work with our client who has an acquired brain injury. Our client lives in his own home and is very independent although he does require some support with daily activities. This is due to his short-term memory problems.
Some experience working with brain injuries would be beneficial but you will be provided with full training to ensure you feel competent in your role. You will be required to drive for the role as the client likes to go out in the local area.
Salary, Shift Times and Benefits
- £9.00 per hour for day shifts. Salary is calculated as an hourly rate of pay multiplied by number of hours worked.
- Accrued holiday pay
- Day shifts: 11.00am – 5pm
- This position is part time with 24 hours available per week
- This role is classed as temporary as during your time working with Active Assistance there may be opportunities to work with other clients
- You will be employed by Active Assistance on a flexible contract
- Enhanced rates for Bank Holidays.
- Employees will be auto-enrolled into the NEST Pension Scheme
- DBS Certificate (please note that if you leave within your 3-month probation period the cost of this will be deducted from your salary)
- Refer a Friend Scheme *Please see full Terms and Conditions on our website.
Training and Career Opportunities
We provide our PA’s with free award winning training at one of our training venues around the country. Once you start work with us you will receive on-going training and support from Clinical Managers and Head Office.
This role is a great opportunity to develop a career in Health and Social care. We offer prospects to progress your career within the company and have an Apprenticeship scheme.
Apprenticeship Training for the Health and Social Care Sector – an apprenticeship is a recognised vocational qualification for healthcare professionals working in the UK
What Apprenticeship qualifications are on offer?
- Adult Care Worker Level 2, Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3, Children & Young People Level 2, Children and Young People Level 3
Active Assistance is an award-winning care provider supporting individuals with complex and continuing health care needs. Our philosophy is based on the principle that each client is unique and our services provide tailored support covering complex clinical conditions.
Active Assistance is committed to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults and children. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening. This includes checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
Active Assistance Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer. However due to the nature of the position there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit male Personal Healthcare Assistants.