Part Time Care Assistant
Are you looking for a part time position, for day shifts?
Are you passionate about care but want to be able to spend more time with your client?
If so, why not work for Active Assistance where you can provide one to one support in the client’s own home. We are recruiting a part time female care assistant to work with a lady with a spinal cord injury in Crawley.
At Active Assistance you will be a Personal Assistant which is what sets us aside from other care companies. You will be working with one client who you will get to know and develop a good working relationship with. With us you can put your caring nature into practice. You can spend time with the client, enabling them to live fulfilling and independent lives.
Part Time Care Assistant required in Crawley
We are currently recruiting a part time female care assistant to work with our client in her own home in Crawley. She has a spinal cord injury which means she has no function in her legs and torso. As a result, she needs help with day to day activities including personal care, maintaining good health and being socially active. You will need to be a driver as driving the lady’s vehicle will be part of the role.
You will be working in a family environment as the lady lives with her husband and children. Therefore, you will need to be respectful of this and allow the family privacy. Applicants should have good communication skills and a calm and caring nature. Our client has asked that applicants have an interest in cooking so this would be an advantage. Experience in a similar role would be desirable, however we do provide full training. Our managers will ensure you feel competent in your role before you are lone working.
Salary, Shift Times and Benefits
- £9 per hour for day shifts. Salary is calculated as an hourly rate of pay multiplied by the number of hours worked.
- Accrued holiday pay
- Day shifts: 12 hour shifts on a rolling rota across 7 days
- This post is a part time position: 1-2 shifts per week, plus additional shifts to cover sickness/annual leave for other team members
- This role is classed as temporary as during your time working with Active Assistance there may be opportunities to work with other clients
- You will be employed by Active Assistance on a flexible contract
- Enhanced rates for Bank Holidays
- Employees will be auto-enrolled into the NEST Pension Scheme
- DBS Certificate (please note that if you leave within your 3-month probation period the cost of this will be deducted from your salary)
- Refer a Friend Scheme *Please see full Terms and Conditions on our website
Training and Career Opportunities
We provide our PA’s with free award winning training at one of our training venues around the country. Once you start work with us you will receive on-going training and support from Clinical Managers and Head Office.
This role is a great opportunity to develop a career in Health and Social care. We offer prospects to progress your career within the company and have an Apprenticeship scheme.
Apprenticeship Training for the Health and Social Care Sector – an apprenticeship is a recognized vocational qualification for healthcare professionals working in the UK.
What Apprenticeship qualifications are on offer?
- Adult Care Worker Level 2, Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3, Children and Young People Level 2, Children and Young People Level 3
Active Assistance is an award-winning care provider supporting individuals with complex and continuing health care needs. Our philosophy is based on the principle that each client is unique and our services provide tailored support covering complex clinical conditions.
Active Assistance is committed to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults and children. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS
Active Assistance Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer, however due to the nature of the position; in this instance there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit female Support Workers