Friday Night Support Worker
Are you looking for a Friday night Support Worker role? Would you love a rewarding role, supporting our client with complex needs in her own home overnight? If so, Active Assistance have the role for you.
Friday Night Support Worker in Brockbridge
A Support Worker with Active Assistance works closely with our clients with physical disabilities and complex care needs. We provide assistance in clients’ own homes by supporting with their personal care and social routines. We are looking for a passionate Support Worker to join our team supporting our female client in Brockbridge, Hampshire. This role can be an ideal opportunity for you to make a difference.
Our client is in her twenties and requires support overnight. She has an acquired brain injury, and as a result has limited communication and is wheelchair dependent. Despite this, she has a great sense of humour and leads an active life. You will be enabling our client to continue living independently, by supporting and monitoring her overnight.
As a team member for our client you will be someone who thrives on providing support and enriching the lives of your clients with your uplifting attitude towards care. Taking initiative and reading social cues will be part of your nature in order to provide privacy to the client when needed.
You will ideally have some care experience; however, we do provide full local training in Eastleigh. Our Managers will ensure you feel confident in your role and we have a number you can contact for support 24/7.
Salary, Shift Times and Benefits
- £12 per hour for waking night shifts. Salary is calculated as an hourly rate of pay multiplied by the number of hours worked.
- Accrued holiday pay
- Friday nights 8pm-8am
- This post is a part time position
- This role is classed as temporary as during your time working with Active Assistance there may be opportunities to work with other clients
- You will be employed by Active Assistance on a flexible contract
- Enhanced rates for Bank Holidays
- Employees will be auto-enrolled into the NEST Pension Scheme
- DBS Certificate (please note that if you leave within your 3-month probation period the cost of this will be deducted from your salary)
- Refer a Friend Scheme *Please see full Terms and Conditions on our website
Training and Career Opportunities
We provide our PA’s with free award winning training at one of our training venues around the country. Once you start work with us you will receive on-going training and support from Clinical Managers and Head Office.
This role is a great opportunity to develop a career in Health and Social care. We offer prospects to progress your career within the company and have an Apprenticeship scheme.
Apprenticeship Training for the Health and Social Care Sector – an apprenticeship is a recognized vocational qualification for healthcare professionals working in the UK.
What Apprenticeship qualifications are on offer?
- Adult Care Worker Level 2, Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3, Children and Young People Level 2, Children and Young People Level 3
Active Assistance is an award-winning care provider supporting individuals with complex and continuing health care needs. Our philosophy is based on the principle that each client is unique and our services provide tailored support covering complex clinical conditions.
Active Assistance is committed to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults and children. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS
Active Assistance Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer, however due to the nature of the position; in this instance there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit female Support Workers