We are looking for a reliable Painter/Handy Man for our hotel Holiday Inn Express Newbury Park to undertake upkeep and repair tasks at the interior or exterior of hotel's premises. We’ll rely on you to keep our facilities in perfect condition by doing various odd jobs.
Deft hands and technical knowledge are important parts of a handyman’s arsenal. You must be well-organized with strong general repair skills. A keen eye for detail and physical stamina are valued greatly in this job.
This is a full time position of 40hrs over 5 days a week including every weekend. Salary is from £8.50 per hour (depending on experience).
You will be reporting to Maintenance Manager and work alongside him on some of the days. The main task will be Painting as we must repaint a few bedrooms, therefore the Painting/Decorating experience is mandatory.
- Perform maintenance and light repairs
- Paint and fill gaps or crevices (on walls, sidewalks etc.)
- Undertake light installation (e.g. build cabinets)
- Repair equipment or appliances
- Assist tradespeople with electrical, plumbing or HVAC repairs
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks (e.g. shovelling snow)
- Identify and report the need for major repairs
- Proven experience as handyman
- Experience with painting and decorating
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing or HVAC systems
- Good communication ability
- Well-organized and apt in problem-solving
- Attention to detail
You must be eligible to work in UK. Training will be provided. Immediate start.
If you wish to apply, please reply back with your CV. If you do not hear from us within 7 working days, consider your application unsuccessful.