Head of Human Resources
St Michael’s Hospice has an exciting opportunity for a new Head of Human Resources to join the team based in Bartestree, Hereford. You will work on a full time permanent basis (37.5 hours per week) and receive a highly competitive salary of £40,611 – £52,127 per annum.
Since opening in 1984, St Michael’s Hospice has been providing the highest quality of care, free of charge, to the local community. The same community has worked tirelessly to generate the funds needed to make all the care possible.
As our Head of Human Resources (HR) you will be responsible for developing and delivering the organisation’s People Strategy. Working with the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team, the successful candidate will ensure the paid and volunteer workforce plan is aligned with the Organisations Vision, Culture and Strategic Direction.
Your Responsibilities and Duties as our Head of Human Resources will include:
- Review all HR systems and processes to ensure they are effective, efficient, fit for purpose and comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Develop and maintain the Cascade HR electronic database in accordance with GDPR and other relevant regulations and laws.
- Identify opportunities to improve HR systems and processes.
- Effectively lead and manage the HR staff and volunteers to deliver operations to high standard.
- Produce reports on key HR metrics to allow analysis of organisational performance
- Ensure managers and employees understand HR policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular staff surveys and act on their results to improve employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Consult and lead departmental managers on all aspects of operational and strategic workforce optimisation, development and transformation.
- Seek activities, services and learning opportunities for staff and volunteers to develop themselves and their teams.
- Coach staff and management in enhancing Hospice performance through improving the performance, capability and motivation of their teams.
- Use HR Metrics to take a strategic approach to HR and the organisation’s objectives.
- Engage and proactively participate in external HR groups, particularly hospice and charity sector groups, to stay abreast of developments and ideas that could benefit St Michael’s.
Leadership and Management
- Delegating work to other members of the Team.
- Supervision of other members of the Team.
- Personal and Professional Development.
It is essential for our Head of Human Resources to have the following Skills, Attributes and Qualifications:
- Level 5 CIPD (minimum) qualified and a member of the CIPD
- Senior leadership and management experience
- Successful delivery of substantial workforce related projects
- GCSE Level English and Maths
- Excellent people and stakeholder skills
- First class workload management, project management and organisation skills
- Ability to self-manage and self-deliver results
- Strong training, coaching and influencing skills
- HR Proven change management skills, experience and expertise, including an understanding of the legal context.
- Ability to have the drive to deliver the needs of the Hospice and be able to influence and engage at all levels of the organisation.
- Previous experience of change management, employee engagement and talent management as well as
- Good business acumen and strong knowledge of UK employment law.
Here at St Michael’s Hospice we believe it is important for all staff members to hold the Hospice values which include:
- Compassionate care
- Treating people fairly, reasonably and with respect
- Transparency and candour
- Collaborative working
As our Head of Human Resources you will benefit from:
- A highly competitive salary of £40,611 – £52,127 per annum
- 27 days paid holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays)
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Benefits
Closing date: Friday 9th March 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as Head of Human Resources then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Apply for Head of Human Resources
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly