Senior Care Assistants/Shift Leaders needed - £8-9/hour dependent upon Experience
Senior Care Assistant/ Shift Leader
Striving For Independence Care Home is a care organisation based in North Wembley. We specialise in residential and day care services for adults with learning disabilities
We require a suitably experienced and qualified full-time Senior Care Assistant/ Shift Leader to work in vibrant team environment. To work on a rotated shift pattern 37-40hrs per week (includes day shifts, evening shifts, weekend shift and sleep overs) Pay range £8 - £9 per hour dependent on experience
Applicants must be caring, patient and have a willingness to provide the best possible care which would allow people with learning disability to live as high a quality of life as possible.
- To support the person in charge and his or her assistant in all aspects of the home’s management.
- To be responsible for the effective administration and maintenance of the house.
- To share and oversee responsibility with the staff team for the promotion of the physical, emotional and social well-being of our service users.
- To develop and support the work of the staff team in order to achieve a high quality of service.
- To develop and maintain constructive relationships with senior management, service users, service user families, neighbours, colleagues, volunteers, and other agencies.
- To co-ordinate the planning and implementation of day and leisure activities in conjunction with the staff team.
- To help train junior members of staff in all aspects of their work in the home.
- Must be self-motivated and team motivated.
- A minimum of 2-3 Years experience in the care field.
- Qualification to NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Experience in working with adults with learning disabilities is essential.
- To take charge of shifts.
- To have excellent IT Skills and to be able to write reports (Care Plans, Risk Assessments etc...)
- Experience in working as a team, showing good teamwork and leadership skills are essential
- Must be mentally alert
- Must be physically fit
- Must be willing to learn & increase your learning skills
- Must be able to work on a rotated shift pattern and flexible hours
- Must have good communication skills both written and verbal
- Satisfactory criminal records bureau checks are essential.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
If you would like to be considered for this role please forward your CV to Debbie.
Apply for Senior Care Assistants/Shift Leaders needed - £8-9/hour dependent upon Experience
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly