Seasonal Hostel Manager - Glenbrittle Youth Hostel
Reference Code: GLBL04018
Position: Seasonal Hostel Manager
Location: Glenbrittle Youth Hostel, Glenbrittle, Carbost, Isle of Skye, IV47 8TA
Hours per week: 40 hours per week.
Accommodation: Live in accommodation is provided in a shared staff flat (Note there will be a small weekly charge).
Contract: Fixed Term from 26/Mar/18 until 25/Sep/18
We are looking for an experienced manager to join us at our Glenbrittle Youth Hostel on the Isle of Skye, one of the most popular tourist areas in Scotland. Glenbrittle Youth Hostel is set in an iconic remote location, with the Cuillin Mountain range at its doorstep.
You'll lead a motivated, multi-skilled team in being the best they can be. From recruitment to welcoming them on board, supporting their training and encouraging their development, you'll empower your team to build success, share ideas and lead the way in helping our guests feel welcome.
Main responsibility of this post:
With industry experience, you'll know the marketplace and use this knowledge to guide business development and performance – we're relying on you to have a hands-on approach and be a role model for the Hostelling Scotland brand.
Along with broad industry experience that includes working on reception, in the kitchen and housekeeping, you'll know about financial and revenue management, as well as health and safety compliance. Most importantly, you're an accomplished people manager who champions individuals and teamwork, understands the importance of communications and can motivate all to embrace change. An inspirational team leader, you'll lead by example, not just driving your team but motivating them to achieve more – even when under pressure.
Suitable candidates will:
- Have prior experience of managing a diverse team to deliver a range of KPI’s within a hospitality environment.
- Be proactive, also have an eye for detail, and bring fresh insight to developing the team and the business.
- Be self-motivated and have resilience, strategic thinking, high energy, outstanding guest service skills, and engaging leadership skills
- Have good understanding of Health and Safety at work, maintenance, catering experience and IT literacy.
If you believe you are ready to deliver on the above whilst taking your career to the next level and wish to showcase your management skills, please apply as we would love to hear from you!
- On occasion, the role involves travel and overnight accommodation to other youth hostels, some in remote locations; accordingly the post holder will have a full driving licence.
- Due to the nature of the role, the post holder is required to work weekends as well as undertaking evening or night shifts as and when required.
- A successful candidate is required to provide two satisfactory references and to apply for a Basic Disclosure before they can commence their employment with SYHA.
SYHA Hostelling Scotland is a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for guests travelling around Scotland.
How to apply:
Further information on SYHA and to obtain an application form and job description, please visit: www.syha.org.uk. If you have the skills and experience to match our requirements, please complete an application form and forward it with covering letter to: Paul Tipple, Skye Group Manager, c/o Broadford Youth Hostel, Broadford, Isle of Skye, IV49 9AA or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 28/Feb/18
Please note SYHA operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of your application you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
SYHA has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
Scottish Youth Hostels Association (also known as SYHA Hostelling Scotland) is a registered Scottish charity, No. SC013138 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland, No. SC310841, Registered Office 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling FK8 2JA.