Senior Pricing Analyst
Senior Pricing Analyst / Underwriting Governance Analyst, Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
Our Senior Pricing Analyst / Underwriting Governance Analyst will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including;
- A genuine long-term opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
- Our award winning private medical insurance
- A comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Vitality Partners and Rewards
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Pricing & Underwriting Governance Team, within the Pricing function.
Working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, our Senior Pricing Analyst / Underwriting Governance Analyst will be responsible for maintaining the smooth running of the Pricing & Underwriting Governance team’s everyday activities. This includes, but is not limited to, line management responsibilities, deputising for the Team Manager in cross-functional projects, implementing basic pricing reviews on our Earnix pricing system, including UAT, overseeing mailbox queries are answered within SLA, Individual and Small Group renewals are issued on time, Large Corporate Case Reviews are undertaken according to the governance frameworks in place, all Underwriting Manuals are kept up to date and the completion of bi-annual Underwriting test.
Responsibilities as our Senior Pricing Analyst / Underwriting Governance Analyst include:
- Implementation of standard Individual, Small Group and Large Corporate UK PMI rate reviews on our pricing system, Earnix
- Maintain all system and process documentation as required
- Act as a focal point for all pricing system queries across the business
- Line management responsibility for 1.4 FTE
- Eliminating key man risks
- Management of the day to day team operations including but not limited to: Maintaining the Large Corporate, SME and Individual Underwriting Manuals, Undertaking Large Corporate Case Reviews, Setting Underwriting tests,
- Replying to team mailbox queries within SLA and Inviting Individual and small group policies correctly and on time
- Representing the Pricing & Underwriting Governance Manager in cross functional meetings as required
To become our Senior Pricing Analyst / Underwriting Governance Analyst, you will have the below skills and experience:
- Ability to work within a team, on own initiative and as part of a large cross-functional project team
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships at all levels of the business and across a variety of teams
- Proactive and able to use initiative
- Solution oriented
- Commercially minded
- Decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Advanced Excel skills (especially Visual Basic, SQL)
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Ability to work in a high pressured, deadline based environment, and to work calmly under pressure
- Interpersonal and relationship skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and systems
- Ability to translate customer requirements into solutions
- Experience of VitalityHealth claims and administration systems
- Experience of line management
- Experience in an insurance environment
- Experience of implementing and coding standard pricing reviews
Working for Vitality as a Senior Pricing Analyst / Underwriting Governance Analyst, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Tuesday 27 February 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Senior Pricing Analyst / Underwriting Governance Analyst, please click ‘apply’ today.