RESTAURANT SUPERVISOR at popular neighbourhood cafe (full time)
We are seeking a Floor Supervisor at Hally’s in Parsons Green. Hally’s is an exiting cafe-restaurant in the Fulham area, serving fresh, innovative, Californian-inspired food, inventive cocktails and great coffee, in a bright, relaxed environment with brilliant interior design.
It will be your job to deliver a great experience to all our customers. To do this you must ensure that service runs both smoothly and like clockwork for those wanting to eat in and take out alike.
During service your role is one of front of house leadership, which means being clearly identifiable to customers as 'in charge', friendly and welcoming to customers and organised in seating arrangements and timings. The buck stops with you on all matters relating to front of house during that service. A good and close working relationship is required with the Head Chef to make sure kitchen and front of house work together to deliver great food and service.
As a Floor Supervisor you will have a real passion for food and drink and an insatiable desire to both learn and teach.
• At least 1 years experience as a Senior Waiter or Supervisor in high volume restaurants that achieve high standards of food and service
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Very presentable and personable
• Leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire your team
• Excellent problem solving skills, thinking quickly on your feet
• To arrive for service already briefed on key points
• To prepare pre-service briefing notes and conduct a brief to section waiters
• To print menus and update daily specials
• To program EPOS when necessary due to menu changes
• To conduct a full building inspection prior to opening, checking all areas are ready for service, health & safety rules are complied with and that the building conforms to all visual guidelines
• To ensure any required training is carried out and records updated
• To ensure the building runs to time, from opening right through to closing
• To spot issues early before they turn into major problems and to redeploy staff accordingly
• To be a full time presence throughout service for both customers and staff
• To deal with customer complaints and diffuse staff disputes
• To ensure labour costs are managed by sending staff home early or cancelling shifts
• To identify and report to senior managers instances of wastage and lapses in quality, ensuring that diner feed back and cost of sales targets are met
• To cash up and prepare banking
• To carry out an end of service inspection of all areas to ensure closing procedures have been followed
• To set the alarm and lock up the building
• To ensure all staff are clocking in and out
• Up to £12 per hour (pay & tronc package - the more revenue the company makes, the more money the staff take home)
• A great team and good working environment
• Decent working hours: daytime shifts with the occasional evening shift
• Training and development
• Opportunities to move up through the company as we grow
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for RESTAURANT SUPERVISOR at popular neighbourhood cafe (full time)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly