Are you hungry and ambitious for more success and responsibility?
Do you ever feel that your current role just isn't fulfilling or rewarding enough?
In your new role as a Transport Manager working with us, you can expect to be challenged, as we will give you as much responsibility as you can handle.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Transport Manager will be responsible for managing all transport related challenges and ensuring that Copart fully comply with all relevant legislation as set out by the DVSA, whilst at all times ensuring a high standard of customer service is applied to both internal and external customers. At the same time ensuring drivers meet the required productivity levels and comply with all Company policies and procedures and service delivery standards.
This Transport Manager role is available on a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage productivity and performance of all drivers
- Ensure tachograph compliance via TruTac system
- Conduct regular auditing to ensure full compliance with vehicle management/servicing schedules
- Establish effective relationships with external suppliers
- Ensure all vehicles and plant is operated correctly and safely and is serviced and maintained correctly as set out in service schedules
- Monitor and enforce compliance with the Company's Health & Safety policy
- Overseeing the dispatch / planning function to improve driver productivity and exceed customer expectations
- Such other duties as requested by your line manager
Transport Manager | Manager | Transport | Logistics | DVSA | Customer Service
- CPC holder
- Experience dealing with drivers on a day to day basis
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good man-management experience
- Demonstrable Transport Management experience
- Flexible and professional approach
- Car Transporter experience
- Knowledge of computerised Transport Management Systems
- Analytical and creative
- Paragon route scheduling experience
- Monday to Friday Working
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Employee benefits scheme providing discounts at many high street retailers
- Discounted Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Contributory Personal Pension Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Company Sick Pay (after qualifying period)
- Family Events
About Our Company:
Our continued investment in innovation and our customer-centric approach means we deliver bespoke solutions tailored to the specific needs of all our clients, and Copart is looking for the right people to join our team.
Our unique combination of industry-leading online auction technology, strategically positioned facilities, nationwide transport fleet and truly global buyer base, enables us to deliver a market leading service to all our clients.