Chef, Premium Day Care Nursery, Cambridge, £8.18 PH - No Nights, 30 Hours per week
At Select Hospitality Cambridge we are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a Chef.
A Stunning independent premium daycare nursery are looking to take on a Chef to be involved in catering for up to 140 children on a daily basis
My Client are looking for an experienced Chef with knowledge and a passion for fresh local produce. The Candidate will be expected to maintain and improve the standards of the business and ensure 5 star standards at all times. All food is cooked fresh on site every day and nothing brought in.
The candidate will ideally have an experience catering to children and understand all dietary requirements of nursery catering.
This is a very nursery kitchen the successful candidate will be expected to work well under pressure, integrate and work along side the current Catering Manager and be able to cover holiday and sickness as required
* To oversee the preparation and provision of high quality locally sourced ingredients
* Create and develop traditional menus utilising local fresh ingredients, within set guidelines.
* To collaborate with the Catering Manager in creating and executing high quality meals, utilising all fresh ingredients.
* To assist with regular stock takes as requested, and to monitor, account for and action any discrepancies immediately.
* Responsible for health, safety and hygiene within the kitchen area, in line with the Food Hygiene and H&S policies and as required by relevant legislation.
* To ensure effective communication amongst the kitchen staff team and between the kitchen and other areas of the catering department.
* To accept a flexible attitude towards work and to understand that the requirements of the post may vary and develop depending on changing circumstances within the business and the development of the group
Experience and Skills required
* Experience of working as a Chef, in a busy fresh produce business
* Ideally qualified to Food safety Level 2
* Ability to train, develop and guide staff.
* Excellent standard of written and spoken communication: ability to communicate with many different types e.g. staff, management, clients and suppliers.
* An understanding of seasonal food trends when writing menus
* Responsible and trustworthy.
* Enthusiastic about staff training and development.
* Good leadership skills.
* Willingness to take a flexible approach to work duties, to include cover for staff holidays, sickness and being on duty for special functions.
Salary and Benefits
* My client is offering the successful Chef a salary of £8.18 ph for a 30 hour week
* 28 days holiday, PLUS 1 week additional Christmas holiday
* Working hours will be an average of 30 hours per week.
* NO EVENINGS OR LATES OR WEEKENDS
* The chef will be expected to assist the Catering Manager ensuring that the kitchen is covered at all times
To apply for this position, please submit your CV via this website. For further information please contact Jonathan Taylor on 01223 324744 at our Cambridge office.
Keep in touch and connect with us: