We operate 9 quick service restaurants in Gloucestershire and Herefordshire. We are a small head office team looking for a bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements, using Sage Software.
This position will include working in many aspects of the accounting function; dealing with customer payments, banking, purchasing, general administration and cover for payroll when required. Other duties will involve dealing with emails, telephone calls, assisting with enquiries, sorting through the restaurant paperwork, the post and filing.
Key job functions:
- Maintaining and reconciling the control accounts, in preparation for the Year end Accounts with our Accountant
- Maintain supplier/creditor ledger with received invoices, payments and reconciliation to account statement.
- Reconciliation of banking. Using sales information from our store till systems and cross checking with bank statements. Post and allocate bank payments and receipts.
- Post expenses
- Enter data from our store till system into journals
- Prepare, produce and file quarterly VAT returns.
- Liaise with client accountant as and when required.
- Processing of wages using Sage Payroll when required
- Skilled with Sage Accounts 50 and Sage Payroll
- Computer literate
- Excellent accuracy and organisational skills
- Professional manner
- Reliable with good time-keeping
- Good understanding and respect for confidentiality
- Proactive and confident
Full time position but will also consider part time applications
£9.50 an hour. Wage may be negotiable depending upon experience.
We provide free on-site parking at our office in Quedgeley and a free range of staff meals for lunch.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter.
Closing date: 14/03/2018