Shop Manager – Job Specification
Job Title: Shop Manager
Reporting to: Leanne and Andy
Hours of Work: Hours per week will be 40 - 45 hours per week. Weekend work is essential and days off in the week will be given to cover hours.
Job Summary: We are looking for dynamic and motivated manager for our fashionable Clerkenwell shop. Good knowledge of retail floristry with a minimum of 5 years within the industry with previous Shop management would be advantageous. Must be creative and passionate and a skilled florist! You will need to be able to manage shop independently under the supervision of the directors. You will have a lot of your own autonomy to make the role your own and Salary will be dependant on experience and will include productivity bonuses.
Criteria: A minimum of 5 years’ floristry experience, shop management experience, team management, computer literate. Be highly creative, have attention for detail and have a passion for floristry.
- Opening and closing procedures of the shop
- Source, interview and recruit new staff
- Purchasing of flowers for contract work and shop
- Ensure shop is fully merchandised and kept clean and orderly
- Monitoring shop emails and client correspondence
- Maintain and work within set budgets for purchasing and staff wages
- Source new corporate client business, and attend meetings for new business
- Ensure all administration procedures are implemented and updated: i.e.
- Weekly cashing up report
- Purchasing receipts handed to the office
- Weekly contract sheets updated and stem count order attached with GP margins
- Account customer paperwork in order and double checked to submit monthly
- Oversee all emails and ensure that all enquires and orders are answered within 2 hours
- Liaise with clients regarding their weekly contracts and manage their accounts
- Manage the driver’s productivity and general overseeing of all operations bringing your own skills to improve current processes.
- Stock control of vase ware
- Regular daily floristry duties, making hand tied bouquets, event and wedding work
- Take small events from studio and order/ arrange delivery where required.
To Apply please send a recent CV and covering letter to: Leanne@wildabout.co.uk