Live In House Manager - Channel Islands
Location: Based in Channel Islands with some travel
Salary: According to experience
Hours: 5 days a week. Hours by arrangement
Status: Live-In, separate 2 bedroom house and use of car
Highly experienced House Manager required for a hands on role making sure houses run smoothly to include staff management, cooking and general duties as required. This person must have a flexible attitude, effective management skills, be highly self-motivated and an excellent planner. This is a hands-on role requiring a can-do attitude and will suit someone who is organised, practical and helpful.
You will confidently manage the family households in the Channel Islands and elsewhere, and supervise other staff locally and internationally.
Because of the scope, this role demands someone who can multi-task with ease and enjoys a varied and challenging role. A combination of practical, hands-on domestic abilities and excellent interpersonal skills are necessary.
Candidates should be highly flexible and keen to adapt when required. They must be willing to go the extra mile and to offer a level of service where nothing is too much trouble.
Employees are expected to take great pride in their work. They must seek job satisfaction and aim to ensure that the household is kept in an orderly, secure and dignified manner.
This position is working for a professional family with children and dogs. It may suit someone who has excellent hospitality and hotel experience, or proven first class experience working in private homes.
- Must have strong staff management and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of managing several properties
- Must have reasonable cooking skills and knowledge of nutrition
- Reasonable housekeeping skills, including cleaning, laundry and ironing
- First class driving ability with a full clean driving licence; the candidate may be assessed on driving skills
- A high degree of flexibility and level of service is absolutely essential
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail and high level of initiative
- Computer literate, able to manage household expenses and work on word and excel
- Fluent spoken & written English
- Practical with a hands on approach
- Well- spoken with a confident and positive personality
- Reliable and honest with a cheerful and willing disposition and a can-do attitude
- Fit and healthy
- Dress smartly and respectably at all times
- Current clean DBS check – or willing to initiate new one
- Must be able to provide checkable references
- Driving licence
- Non Smoker
Please send your CV in Word format quoting reference JO0000000165
We regret we can only accept applications from persons authorised to work within the UK