Seasonal Beach Attendants
Seasonal Beach Attendants, Jobs in Weymouth, Dorset
Temporary Summer contract
March 2018 till end of season Oct / Nov 2018
3 to 5 Shifts per week on average
Standard Shift 7.5 hours - Monday to Sunday on a rota basis
£8.19 per hour
Our client Weymouth and Portland Borough Council Beach team are seeking Seasonal Beach Attendants for the 2018 season. This role would ideally suit students seeking work during College / Uni breaks or candidates seeking additional hours to top up to full time. You must be 18 or over and ideally hold a driving licence but this is not essential. This role is weather dependant so candidates must be flexible with availability.
- Easter Holidays
- Main Summer May until End of September
- Firework and Bonfire Night
- Remembrance Sunday
Job role overview:
- You will be diligent, have a confident personality and be highly motivated to ensure customers receive excellent customer service to make their experience of Weymouth positive.
- Assist with the operational requirements of the Weymouth and Portland Borough Council beach and esplanade services and events programme.
- Undertake duties relating to the delivery of the seafront services including patrols, hiring of deckchairs etc., ticket issuing etc.
- Issuing and collection of council monies in respect of the beach retail services.
- Ensure the safety of the public when using the beach and esplanade.
- Respond to / deal with incidents, public reports and concerns regarding public behaviour as an initial point of contact and to liaise with relevant emergency services or other departments when necessary.
- Provide operational requirements and duties for the council’s events and festivals programme
The ideal candidate will show evidence of the following within CV:
- Previous experience within the hospitality, tourism / events or sports sectors would be an advantage but not essential
- Money Handling – Adding and subtracting in head – Cashing up
- You must have strong customer services skills and have dealt with general public within face to face environments
- Good general knowledge of Weymouth and popular tourist attractions
- You must be physically fit as the role involves lifting, moving and walking/standing for long periods.
You must hold:
- Passport OR FULL Birth Certificate with National Insurance Proof
- Full driving licence would be an advantage but not essential
You must apply with an up to date CV
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
City Centre Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
City Centre Recruitment is acting as an employment business in relation to Seasonal Beach Attendants, Jobs in Weymouth, Dorset