Production and Logistics Manager
Our company is a well-established exhibition and display company based in Wiltshire. We produce and manufacture exhibitions stands throughout Europe and specialise in offering a comprehensive, professional service, handling all aspects from the initial design through to onsite completion.
Our company is forward-thinking and has a creative approach to all that it does. A position is available for an outstanding candidate to be an integral part of our successful team.
The position will suit someone with a real 'can-do' attitude, who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves and lend their hand to many associated tasks. The successful candidate will assume direct responsibility for the manufacturing processes, production planning and Health & Safety. Attention to detail, excellent spreadsheet and database skills and strong organisational skills are key for this role.
• Client and show organiser liaison.
• Logistical planning for UK and European shows, including booking of freight/crew/accommodation/fights and onsite services, etc.
• Preparation and submission of risk assessment and method statement documents.
• Purchase production materials and goods (such as paint, furniture, components, etc)
• Stock control for our workshops in the UK and Italy, ensuring all components are effectively managed.
• Production of concise and clear workshop job sheets and packing lists.
• Occasional control of workshop, when required.
• Working with our designers in preparation for production of technical plans and stock allocation.
• Creative problem-solving in order to accomplish production targets.
• Overseeing and maintaining relationships with our suppliers.
• Occasional communication with accounts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and resilience to lead and encourage by example.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work on one's own initiative, to plan and organise your workload.
• Strong organisational skills and an ability to prioritise effectively.
• Full driving license and passport for travel.
• Computer literate, with strong spreadsheet and database skills
• Logical thinker.
• Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
• Transport/logistics management experience and hold a valid forklift license (or alternatively express an interest in training)
• Working knowledge of production materials and electrical systems.
• Good level of Education (graduate level preferable but not essential).
• Language skills will be considered a bonus.
• £22,000 per annum, rising to £24,000 per annum, plus performance-related bonus after a six-month trial period.
To apply please send a full CV together with a covering letter by e-mail.