Cashroom Assistant for Leading Solicitor & Estate Agency
McEwan Fraser Legal, an award-winning Solicitor and Estate Agency, is a dynamic, modern company. With an array of respected industry awards under our belt, we are highly innovative and known for our emphasis on providing exceptional customer service. We deal with residential and commercial property sales as well as having a robust legal department specialising in conveyancing, private client, family law and litigation.
Due to the continued growth of our business, we are expanding our Finance team and are currently looking for an enthusiastic Cashroom Assistant to join us in our Edinburgh Head Office working 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Suitable candidates must possess the following abilities:
- Exceptional customer service skills including an excellent telephone manner
- Confident use of Microsoft Excel
- Detail-orientated with high degree of accuracy
- High levels of numeracy
- Assertive demeanour in dealing with other members of staff as well as external contacts
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Proactive, positive attitude
Main responsibilities include:
- General assistance for the Legal Cashier and Finance teams with finance, administration and customer service tasks
- Promptly responding to telephone and email enquiries
- Taking telephone card payments and issuing appropriate documentation
- Updating Excel-based company accounts
- Introduction to credit-control (previous experience would be helpful but not essential)
- Updating cashroom and finance systems (full training will be provided)
- Opportunity to become involved in other finance duties as competency progresses
This is a fantastic opportunity as we’re willing to train motivated individuals who want the chance to progress so previous experience in a finance role is not necessary but customer service skills are a must. We offer candidates the chance to work in a progressive finance environment and for the right candidate, progression into a Legal Cashier role is available.
Starting salary will be negotiable depending upon experience.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' link where you will be redirected to our website.
You will then need to submit;
- Completed application form (once redirected this is available to download at the top of the recruitment page)
- CV in Word or PDF format, or access to a shared OneDrive or Google Drive file
- Brief covering letter or email stating why your skills meet the requirements of the position
Please submit all the above to HR Manager, Jenn MacGillivray.