Deli Supervisor new Opening - Plough Way Deli
The Plough Way Deli is a local Italian deli due to open on March 2018 in Surrey Quays, South East London. We are looking for an experienced Deli supervisor to manage the delicatessen on a daily basis. The Plough Way Deli will have freshly made coffees & small bites, production & sale of fresh products like pasta as well as sale of artisan coffees, wines and a wide selection of other deli products, primarily from Italy. It will be open from 7am to 8pm, 7 days a week. The deli is the latest addition to a small group of local restaurants, so the manager will have a supporting team around them to work closely with.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced and independent Deli supervisor to manage the business and help it grow. The right person will have a genuine passion for food & produce, and have both knowledge and interest in Italian food, products and culture.
These are some of the key skills that will be required:
- Excellent customer service skills with an ability to anticipate customer needs
- A friendly manner with excellent relationship building skills
- An enthusiastic outlook, a can-do attitude and overall positive energy
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to motivate others
- A proven ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Strong people management and communication skills
- A strong work ethic and sense of responsibility
- Fully HACCP and food safety trained
- 6 month management experience in a similar type of business in London
Your role and responsibilities as Deli Supervisor:
- Day to day management of the deli operations
- People management
- Dealing with customer queries to the highest possible standards
- Bringing forth new ideas to increase sales and standards within the department
- Managing stock and waste control
- Ensuring all HACCP and food safety standards are met, and that all documentation is up to date
- Ad hoc duties
Working days will be on a rotational basis 5 days a week, including weekends when the we anticipate the deli to be busier. We are looking for someone who can start at the end of February 2018.
If you are interested in this role, please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter.