Housing Benefit and Welfare Officer
We are seeking to recruit a full time enthusiastic, self-motivated Housing Benefit & Welfare Officer to join our team.
The responsibilities are:
- To provide advice and assistance to residents on a wide range of Welfare Benefits to help them optimise their income.
- To undertake money advice, budgeting support, training and housing advice.
- Liaising with external bodies such as the Department of Works & Pension to challenge and request revision in regards a Benefit Decision.
- The post holder will be completing and administering all benefits related applications such as Disability Living Allowance /Personal Independence Payment, Department of Works and Pensions and Housing Benefit, achieving maximum tier of entitlement.
- To deal with and manage all matters and queries with the Benefits Agencies, Housing Benefit or any other Funding Agencies such as change in circumstances or maximise on benefits.
- The post holder will be expected to prepare and produced tenant statements and other reports for tenants and service managers.
- You will manage and maintain schedules of tenant’s benefits and audit those benefits to ensure that the correct amounts are being received.
- Ensuring that service levels are maintained through quality and audit checks and workflow management
- To maintain a good working and up to date knowledge of all welfare benefits including knowledge of legislation relating to housing benefit, universal credit and council tax support in order that accurate and up to date information is given to customers
Apply for Housing Benefit and Welfare Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly