Social Media Coordinator
The Harbourside Market runs 3 times a week, providing a platform for some of Bristol’s best creatives, makers, musicians, and street food traders. Featuring up to 40 stalls every Saturday and Sunday, alongside our weekly #StreetFoodThursday event, the Market is visited by thousands of people every week, boosted by a series of seasonal, special events.
With some exciting plans in the pipeline for 2018, we’re looking for a social media pro to join our ranks and show off what we’re about. Our social media accounts already have a good reach across Bristol, with 12.6k followers on Twitter, 5532 likes on Facebook, and 2182 followers on Instagram, but we want someone who will see those numbers grow and engagement rise.
You will play a central role in our marketing activity and event programme, including managing our social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram), creating live and queued content, and pitching in with the rest of the team to create the whole event. We’re looking for someone with a keen eye for a good photo, and the ability to capture and shout about things as they happen, to get to know our traders, and to get involved with the general operations of the Market from time to time.
- Updating social media feeds across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and staying on the lookout for new platforms to expand the Market’s reach
- Working with the Marketing Manager to measure and report back on social media analytics
- Building stories online during the Market’s trading hours
- Developing relationships with traders
- Building an image and content base for features, blog posts, etc.
- Assisting in the daily running of the Market
- Any other suitable duties as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least one year’s experience of professional social media usage, including a technical knowledge of social media platforms, metrics, and tracking
- Ability to deliver creative copy (in text, images, and video)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Positive attitude and the ability to build working relationships with our traders
- Multitasking skills, and a willingness to pitch in and help the rest of the team in running the Market
12 - 16 hours per week, including weekend work
Rate: £10.00 p/h
Please send a CV and a short cover letter (no more than one side of A4) explaining why you’re suitable for this role to Marketing Manager, Mikaella Clements.
Please include the subject header Social Media Coordinator Application.
Apply for Social Media Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly