The Clockhouse is a Community Day Centre run by a Board of Volunteer Trustees. It provides a warm and friendly environment for the over 50’s in Milford, Surrey. The Board is looking to appoint new Trustees to contribute to the work of The Clockhouse, which is a.registered charity.
- apply the Nolan principle of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openess, honesty, and leadership
- attend evening Board meetings ( 2hrs every 6 weeks)
- represent and promote the Clockhouse
- actively support fundraising and local promotion events
- spend time in the Clockhouse supporting Management, Volunteer helpers, and interacting with our Members
- bring individual skill sets and contributions to the Board to ensure that we operate effectively
The Clockhouse is open to Members weekdays 9.30-3.30pm in our modern purpose built premises.
Ideally we are looking for local people available to attend The Clockhouse for a period each week with a caring, enthusiastic and participative nature. Any skills in the areas of IT, Human Resources, Management, Administration, the Voluntary Sector, Fundraising or Promotion would be particularly welcome.
The Clockhouse mission statement is ‘Making Time for people’.
We provide a freshly cooked meal, activity and companionship for the over 50’s living in Milford and the surrounding villages as well as Godalming and Farncombe. Transport to the Clockhouse is provided from the surrounding areas via two mini-buses. For those who attend the Clockhouse for the main part of the day we provide a range of activities including Games, Craft, Quiz, Phone and iPad help, Films, Knit and Natter, Sewing, Indoor Community Golf and 'Pie and Pint' lunches. Drop-in classes are provided such as chair exercises, better balance, art, bridge and pilates. We also provide hairdressing, chiropody and reflexology by appointment. We organise holidays and outings for our members.
Apply for Volunteer Trustee
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly