Senior Java Developer
Do you live and breathe Software Development?
Have superb Java skills?
If you do, then we need to talk, we are looking to hire the 'Best of the Best' talented Java Developers for our 'state of the art' purpose built development centre in the heart of Birmingham.
We want you to bring your unique set of skills and experience to a special place where you can reach your true potential. Even the most experienced developers in this position will have the opportunity to expand and improve their skill sets in many advanced areas, especially within the Financial Services sector.
We are expanding and you will be joining a new team of Java experts supporting a number of exciting development projects for some of the world's largest financial organisations.
To be part of the team we are looking for candidates who have solid core Java skills along with SQL and or Oracle. Banking and finance experience is preferred but don't be put off from applying if you don't. We are looking for the best of the best so if you have great Java development skills from another industry do get in touch, passion for development and all things technical is important and we will support you with training on our products.
These positions focus on creating and maintaining our cutting-edge award-winning Risk and Compliance software.
Lombard Risk is committed to making you as successful as possible, our head of department will be on hand to ensure that you receive all the support you need.
As a Senior Java Developer do you?
- Live and breathe software development.
- Have superb Java skills.
- Love TDD, BDD and know the difference between "testing" and "checking"
- Experience of CI / CD with Jenkins, Git and AWS.
- Exposure to pair programming would be useful, otherwise we're sure you'll pick it up.
- Deep passion for creating brag worthy applications.
This is an exciting time as we look to the future - you could be part of a growing organisation, dedicated to providing expertise to deliver market leading compliance solutions to clients in the Financial Services sector. This is a chance to join a forward thinking, people focused business where your career can flourish.
Additional Salary Info: 25 days holiday, BUPA, Pension
- Good Computer Science degree or similar.
- Strong core Java 7 / 8.
- Proficient with Java EE 6 server side API's, EJB3, JMS, JPA, Hibernate.
- Expertise with XML, Xpath, XSLT, Schema, Spring.
- Understanding of development best practice, OOA, design patterns, GoF, MVC, etc.
- Proficient database design; Oracle MS SQL Server, SQL.
- Experience with TDD, BDD, Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Lean), JUnit, TestNG
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure.
- RESTful API's, JBoss EAP 6.
- Subversion, Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, JBOSS AS/Tomcat.
- Apache MyFaces (CODI).
- Experience of working with off-shore teams.
About Our Company:
For over 28 years Lombard Risk has been providing regulatory reporting and collateral management solutions to the financial services industry. Counting over 30 of the world's top 50 financial institutions among our clients,
We are headquartered in London and have offices in Europe (Frankfurt), New York and Asia Pacific (Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore), and representative offices in Atlanta, Cape Town, Sydney and Tokyo.
… And now we are in Birmingham.
The office environment is relaxed, but always buzzing and busy, no ties or fancy suits required so bring your own style. We have breakout areas with free tea and coffee, if you cycle to work then we have secure cycle bays with showers available, get to work early and enjoy a free breakfast on us each day. We have a lovely modern open-plan space designed to support a creative working environment.
Welcome to Lombard Risk!