RCS Logistics has an exciting opportunity for a Booking Clerk to join the Transport Department based in Corby. As part of this role you will work on a full time, permanent basis and receive a highly competitive salary of £20,000 per annum.
As our Booking Clerk you will report to the Transport Manger and be one of the first points of contact for our customers. You will be working closely with the Transport team as you ensure the customer's needs are met, so it is essential that you are confident dealing with people over the telephone and face to face.
As our Booking Clerk your duties will include:
- Scanning the vehicle check sheets from the previous day’s work
- Checking and updating Drivers’ hours on T&A system
- Pricing DPD parcels and checking invoices on a weekly basis
- Updating DPD KPIs on a daily basis
- Managing DPD returns
- Booking in deliveries via phone/email/website
- Organising collections and deliveries
- Customer service – answering customer queries, providing PODs and carrying out any necessary investigations
- Liaising with customers/hauliers/warehouse staff
- Updating jobs on in house transport system
Our ideal Booking Clerk will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience within a 3PL environment
- Ability to demonstrate an established working knowledge of the logistics industry
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to show strong attention to detail
Hours of work: 8.30am – 17:30pm
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Booking Clerk then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!