Legal Secretary (Commercial Property) - Reading - £20-25K
£20,000 - £25,000
Main purpose of job:
Secretarial support to solicitors and other members of the department
Management and production of documents
File administration and data management
Scope of job
Assisting other secretaries from time to time.
Assisting lawyers from time to time
Key Results :
Timely production of documents and management of files. Efficient handling of telephone calls, liaison with clients and third parties.
Provision of assistance to and dealing with tasks delegated by lawyers.
Sound knowledge of Word and all office systems.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- To deal with word-processing (with experience of advanced track changes in Word)/typing and production of all documents and correspondence as directed by Lawyers.
- To attend to clients both on telephone and in person. To take and record accurately any messages and pass them on to the appropriate person without unnecessary delay and to assist with the above for your department in the absence of other secretaries.
- Be able to deal with Land Registry and HMRC commonly used forms and processes
- To deal accurately with filing - storing and retrieval of client's files in line with the Department's filing system.
- To set up new files and new matters accurately and speedily on instructions from lawyers.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary.
- To accurately administer billing and financial accounting transactions and procedures