Full time Cook required at the Bloomsbury Tavern, Holborn, London
The Bloomsbury Tavern in Holborn, London, is looking for a full time Cook to join our busy team.
This role seeing you working approximately 44 hours per week, five days out of seven to include some weekends. The shifts vary between 10.00 and 21.30 Monday to Saturday and 11.00 and 18.30 on Sundays.
Working as part of a small team of two, you will undertake all duties within the kitchen to include preparing, cooking and presenting great food in line with our company brand standards. You will be responsible for the opening and closing procedures in the kitchen, upholding our health, safety and cleanliness standards whilst you work and you will be happy undertaking all tasks to include some portering where required in this hands on post.
We would be pleased to hear from cooks and chefs at all levels, so long as you can provide us with the skills, commitment and enthusiasm required to be successful in the role.
In return, we will off offer you continued personal development, support and training, a competitive salary, great company benefits and the opportunity for you to join our proven chef’s development programme, which will help you achieve your career potential in the longer term.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience producing quality food in a busy kitchen.
- Passion and enthusiasm for cooking.
- The desire to learn new culinary skills and develop in the longer term.
- The ability to follow strict health & safety and cleanliness regulations.
- Great team players.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to maintain accurate kitchen logs and records.
- Flexibility in terms of working hours.
- Competitive salary that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels (Full time only).
In order to be considered for this post please either apply online with your CV now or pop in and see us for an application form.