Job Ref: LC OH – Urgent relief Female Personal Assistant required to support disabled woman
Location: East Edinburgh
Rate Of Pay: £8.45
Closing date: 27th February 2018- interviews to be arranged thereafter
Urgent relief PA is required to cover holidays and sickness.
As a Personal Assistant you will show warmth and support to your employer and their families; helping to promote independence and dignity and positively enhancing the lives of individuals in your care.
- Providing personal, dietary and health care support.
- Communicate professionally and warmly with all visitors to the home including family and friends.
- Act as a key worker providing friendship and supporting the needs of your employer.
- Take part in social activities both within and externally to the home.
- When required, accompany your employer to appointments outside the home.
- Assist your employer with personal hygiene needs, when required.
- Work as part of a team within the employers’ home between her, her family and you.
- Attend training as required
As a Personal Assistant your day to day work may include:
- Personal Care – (if required) Getting in and out of bed, dressing, undressing, washing & toileting
- Healthcare - Assisting the employer to take prescribed medication regularly.
- Dietary Care – preparation of healthy snacks and meals and assisting as required.
- Personal Services – Escorting to shop/doctors’ appointments, paying bills.
- Family Care – Assisting with the care of the employers’ two children.
In order to achieve this, the successful candidate should have:
- A caring nature and a positive attitude
- The ability to show compassion where required
- A desire to deliver quality care
- Be reliable and honest
- Must be able to respect the family homes confidentiality needs
- Must be good with children and relaxed around two very friendly cats.
- Good communication skills
- An open friendly attitude
- Good Sense of humour is desirable
- Experience in massage therapy is advantageous
- The position may suit a physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy or similar student but this is not essential.
- Must be a member of the PVG Scheme.
You will be required to cover holiday and sick leave as necessary. Shifts are typically Mon, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and one day at the weekend although flexibility will be required to cover appointments etc.
Further details can be discussed at the interview