After Sales Support Engineer
Do you have excellent customer service skills?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding new opportunity?
Bowman Power are seeking to recruit an After Sales Support Engineer to be responsible for the support of Bowman's aftermarket customers for existing products and applications in our growing client base.
This role requires frequent interfacing with the Engineering, Equity, Operations and Sales department to help understand, isolate and resolve problems whilst supporting the customers' repairs and spares requirements.
The After Sales Support Engineer will be the voice of the customer and should be able to reach across the business in support of the installed base.
This is a customer facing role and will require excellent communication and relational skills along with a high level of attention to detail.
- First line remote fault diagnosis.
- Managing and progressing all issues raised by customers and ensuring timely resolution and feedback
- Creating customer service bulletins and troubleshooting documentation.
- Driving future strategy and implementation of Bowman's remote monitoring capability within the fleet.
- Monitoring the status of customer systems and responding to trends and faults.
- Analysing remote data.
- Leading regular reliability meetings with key stakeholders in the business.
- Analysing and presenting fleet reliability and system performance data.
Product Instruction Manuals-
- Produce, maintain and update content.
- Developing new manual format and structure.
- Updating and maintaining an accurate spare parts catalogue.
- Ensuring that new manuals and revisions are distributed to customers.
- Overseeing the product returns process.
- Working alongside Engineering and Operation Technicians to determine accurate root causes for failures and updating product case records accordingly.
- Ensuring that customers are kept up to date with progress on returned products.
- Creating and distributing customer reports with support from Engineering.
- Liaising with After Market Sales and Operations to ensure that sufficient spare parts stock is held.
After Market Data Base-
- Development of future phases of the data base and streamlining data sources.
- Owning the data base, ensuring that existing records are always up to date.
- Creating and maintaining user guides/manuals for the overall data base as well as individuals guides for specific tasks.
After Sales Support Engineer | Support Engineer | Engineering | Customer Support | Technical Support | Customer Service | After Sales | Technical | Machinery | Electronics
- A proven track record in customer facing roles and the ability to represent the company to a high professional standard.
- Previous experience working in a reliability related role.
- Proven high quality output of customer facing technical documentation.
- Recent degree or equivalent in a scientific or technical subject preferred.
- Ideally some experience of high-speed machinery, electronic control systems and power electronics.
- Ideally some experience in the automotive, power generation or other similar technical industry with some understanding of engines and generator sets.
Additional Salary Information:
Pension, life assurance, health insurance & 27 days holiday.
About Our Company:
Bowman Power Group is a world leader in advanced exhaust energy recovery technologies for reciprocating engines, which are the dominant plant for power generation in remote areas, for renewable fuels and for biomass energy applications. We are working with leading engine manufacturers and genset integrators to improve engine efficiency; increasing power output, improve fuel efficiency and reduce emissions.
Bowman Power Group has been recognised as one of the fastest growing small technology companies in the UK.