Weaver Vale Housing Trust has an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join the team based in Northwich, Cheshire. You will be on a full time (18.5 hours per week up to 31.3.18 then 22.2 hours per week from 1.4.18) fixed term contract of 12 months, with a highly competitive salary £33,247 + market supplement of £2,019; per annum pro-rata.
We are looing for an exceptional Occupational Therapist to act as a specialist within the Trust, liaising with CW&C Occupational Therapy Department. This would involve Disabled Facilities Grant applications and other complex cases involving Weaver Vale Housing Trust tenants.
About the Occupational Therapist role:
- To assess the needs of vulnerable and disabled clients for the provision of equipment or adaptations and determine the nature and extent of adaptations in relation to diagnosis and prognosis
- Working on a Triage system, assess incoming enquiries from customers and direct to appropriate support stream, making recommendation on the necessity and appropriateness of the request
- Provide a broad range of information and advice on adaptations and equipment to clients and their families, staff working within WVHT, outside agencies working with vulnerable and disabled clients
- Liaise with other agencies including CW&C Adult Social Care, NHS, Voluntary Organisations to ensure good flow of information
- Keep abreast of legislation, best policy and recognised best practice regarding disability and Occupational Therapy provision. Make recommendations to Community Independence Manager
- Contribute to the regular reviewing and updating of the Trust’s Adaptation Policy and processes following any statutory changes or Best Practice recommendation
- Negotiate with clients, CW&C Adult Social Care and other organisations both statutory and voluntary seeking the most appropriate way to provide adaptations having regard to budget restrictions
Knowledge, Skills, Experience needed to become Occupational Therapist:
- Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Experience as an Occupational Therapist practitioner
- Detailed understanding of the Occupational Therapist Code of Practice and ethics
- Working knowledge of Social & Healthcare Legislation - Care Act 2014, Equality Act 2010, Equality Act Disability Regulations 2010
- Knowledge of recent legislation relating to Safeguarding
- Ability to travel between external locations as business needs dictate
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Occupational Therapist then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 12 noon 26 February 2018
First Interview date: 1 March 2018
The Trust invites applicants from all members of the community, irrespective of sex, marital status, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.