Landform Consultants Ltd specialising in high end bespoke landscape construction work is looking to recruit a qualified junior or intermediate Quantity Surveyor to grow with us. We design and construct external spaces around high end properties in the West/North end of London, Surrey, Berkshire, Hampshire and Sussex areas. We also undertake some light civil contracts for Councils and the Royal Park. Contract values varies from £20K back gardens to £2 Million estate projects. With eight projects running at the same time and a turnover of over 5 million this role will be busy. The role is based in Chobham Surrey.
The candidate will assist both the Contracts and Commercial Directors and will be responsible mostly for;
- Full Job-costing using the help of Sage Construct and the Estimator’s tender elemental breakdown to monitor costs and warn on potential overruns.
- Prepare contract / agreement form documentation for signing by clients.
- Take ownership of all progress valuations, insuring they are raised on time, certificates are received on time and invoicing done by the accounts department is prompt.
- Price all variations for projects.
- Agree final accounts.
- Develop sub-contractor packages, negotiate rates and appoint with the approval of the CD.
- Agree sub-contractor final accounts and payments to them are fair.
- Prepare more complicated material purchases ie natural stone orders.
- Check quantities for certain material orders prior to the contracts administrator ordering them.
- Help the estimator with electronic measures using a programme called Cubit.
- Assist the Commercial director in preparing various types of cost reports using Sage construct.
- Some site visits will be required especially on larger projects to review changes and check measures.
The ideal candidate will have as much of the following traits as possible;
- A relevant diploma or degree in quantity surveying.
- 2-4 years industry experience. We will look at PQS or contractor’s back ground.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Happy to work for a busy but medium sized contractor.
- Can multi-task during busy days.
- Comfortable learning new software to assist in measuring and job-costing.
- Knowledge of civil, hard and soft landscape elements and it’s construction.
- Positive can do attitude.
- CSCS qualified.
- Great attention to detail and numbers.
- Understand health and safety & CDM regulations.
- Have own transport.
As a guide we will negotiating a package pending your experience between 30 and 38K plus annual bonus based on company performance and travel expenses. As we are a small team this role will have great growth potential as the company expands. We also offer further training to loyal employees.
Closing date for applicants is the 2nd March 2018.
Apply for Quantity Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly