Landform Consultants Ltd specialising in high end bespoke landscape construction work is looking to recruit a qualified junior or intermediate Quantity Surveyor to grow with us. We design and construct external spaces around high end properties in the West/North end of London, Surrey, Berkshire, Hampshire and Sussex areas. We also undertake some light civil contracts for Councils and the Royal Park. Contract values varies from £20K back gardens to £2 Million estate projects. With eight projects running at the same time and a turnover of over 5 million this role will be busy. The role is based in Chobham Surrey.
The candidate will assist both the Contracts and Commercial Directors and will be responsible mostly for;
- Full Job-costing using the help of Sage Construct and the Estimator’s tender elemental breakdown to monitor costs and warn on potential overruns.
- Prepare contract / agreement form documentation for signing by clients.
- Take ownership of all progress valuations, insuring they are raised on time, certificates are received on time and invoicing done by the accounts department is prompt.
- Price all variations for projects.
- Agree final accounts.
- Develop sub-contractor packages, negotiate rates and appoint with the approval of the CD.
- Agree sub-contractor final accounts and payments to them are fair.
- Prepare more complicated material purchases ie natural stone orders.
- Check quantities for certain material orders prior to the contracts administrator ordering them.
- Help the estimator with electronic measures using a programme called Cubit.
- Assist the Commercial director in preparing various types of cost reports using Sage construct.
- Some site visits will be required especially on larger projects to review changes and check measures.
The ideal candidate will have as much of the following traits as possible;
- A relevant diploma or degree in quantity surveying.
- 2-4 years industry experience. We will look at PQS or contractor’s back ground.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Happy to work for a busy but medium sized contractor.
- Can multi-task during busy days.
- Comfortable learning new software to assist in measuring and job-costing.
- Knowledge of civil, hard and soft landscape elements and it’s construction.
- Positive can do attitude.
- CSCS qualified.
- Great attention to detail and numbers.
- Understand health and safety & CDM regulations.
- Have own transport.
As a guide we will negotiating a package pending your experience between 30 and 38K plus annual bonus based on company performance and travel expenses. As we are a small team this role will have great growth potential as the company expands. We also offer further training to loyal employees.
Closing date for applicants is the 2nd March 2018.