Engineering Support Technician
Are you interested in technology and engineering?
Would you like to work for a company where you could be working on a solution for the defence industry one day, and the gaming industry the next?
If you have demonstrable capability, gained through experience of working in an Engineering environment for a technology company who manufacture their own products, then your skills could be what we are looking for.
We are an organisation with a rapid growth plan and therefore this is an exciting time to join and be part of our expanding team.
This varied role, based in Fareham, will get you involved in Engineering Change Management, Sustaining Engineering support and New Product Introduction support which will provide you some fantastic opportunities to assist with development verification testing on industrial computers, tablets and rack products.
We are an award winning designer and manufacturer of specialist computing platforms. Our customers operate in a number of different industries including, Transport, Medical, Defence, Energy, Gaming and Hospitality.
As part of the engineering team, it is important the role holder has the skills to build effective working relationships and can work collaboratively with other internal teams. They will also need to have the confidence to represent the department at meetings and report actions back concisely.
In an organisation where we "roll our sleeves up and get stuck in", the successful candidate will need to have a real hands-on approach.
- Product Change Management:
- Creating, owning and ensuring the maintenance of any associated release or change documentation and processes, including negotiating agreement for these with business representatives.
- Develop and implement administrative processes required to manage change requests including chairing regular meetings.
- Ensure adequate governance is in place to provide successful delivery of all change requests.
- Provide the relevant management information relating to all changes and releases, including detailed trend analysis to show performance.
- Engage in continuous service improvement initiatives in order to deliver a more effective, consistent service to the business.
- Analyse change requests and perform initial technical feasibility.
- Assess available resource and allocate jobs including where appropriate to undertake work yourself.
- Evaluate the change and potential impacts or risks and communicate this.
- Implement and manage change introduction:
- Change communication;
- Validation of change;
- Update documentation;
- Manage release;
- Part and BoM Creation and updates on a PDM system.
- Provide initial interface for Manufacturing, Sales and Purchasing with regards to queries and support requests on sustaining products.
- Develop and implement administrative processes required to manage engineering support requests.
- Represent engineering at daily Operations review.
- Ensure adequate governance is in place to provide successful delivery of all support requests.
- Assist with the investigation of customer complaints.
- Perform technical assessment of customer change requests for sustaining products.
- Assist with development verification testing on industrial computers (including tablets) and rack products.
- Development of work instructions for manufacturing to build, test and configure products.
- Protoype build, test and evaluation of computer and rack products including system wiring and general assembly.
- Provide recommendations for improvements and fixes.
- Participate in design reviews.
Engineering Support Technician | Engineering | Support Technician | Technician | Technology | Product Data | Support
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of working in an engineering environment for a technology company who manufacture their own products.
- Knowledge and experience of managing change management processes.
- Advanced use of Product Data Management Systems.
- Detailed knowledge of Bills of Materials content and structure, Part Number generation and revision control and the effects changes can have within a business.
- Experience of developing processes and workflows.
- Hands-on management of technical support tracking systems and allocation and tracking of resources.
- Testing and assessing technology products for fitness for purpose.
- Technical documentation and writing skills. Competent in using SharePoint and Microsoft Office products.
- Basic knowledge of electronics.
- Experience of working to ISO 9001 standards or a profession process driven methodology.
- Experience working as an interface between engineering and other internal departments.
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing processes and testing methodologies for computer products.
- Good practical skills with regards to mechanical or computer assembly, wiring and system test.
- Comfortable working with complex databases and ability to write queries when required.
- Competent in using Epicor PDM system.
- Ideally a minimum of an ONC/HNC in mechanical, electronics, process or similar discipline would be desirable, however demonstrable capability through experience would be considered.
Additional Package Info: Pension, Salary Sacrifice Schemes, Flexi-Time, Free Parking
From mobile tablets and boxed computers through to complex racks and innovative IoT platforms, we design to any form factor.
Our brand values have stood the test of time and are what underpin us as a Tried, Tested and Trusted brand.
We are a small Company on our way to big things. Our current benefits package includes:
20 days holiday, increasing with tenure + Bank Holidays.
Pension scheme - employer contributions increase with tenure.
Free onsite parking, including electric charge points.
Salary Sacrifice Schemes - Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work.