General Kitchen Assistant. full training given, school term time, good rate of pay
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated kitchen assistant to work in the kitchen of a prestigious independent Prep school based in Colwall, near Malvern. Catering for 250 pupils and staff per day, you will be working with a busy kitchen team catering for breakfast, lunch, match teas, supper and weekend service. In addition there will be hospitality provided for school functions and events throughout term time. To be considered as a candidate you will be expected to be able to ;
- Prepare breakfast for boarders on certain days
- Prepare the dining room before and after service including general cleaning.
- To ensure, that all food production areas are operating to the required standards throughout the designated opening hours.
- Maintain a high level of food quality and production
- To ensure that at all times cleanliness, food safety and all other Health and Safety matters are adhered to so as not to breach any legislative points within the Food Safety Act 1990 or the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- To undertake all other duties as and when directed by the Head Master, Bursar or Head Chef.
- Good team player, hardworking and enthusiastic, able to work independently
- Passionate about food and good service
- Experience of working with fresh produce
Required to work term time plus some additional days during the holidays. Salary £14k- £17 k commensurate with experience and training offered where applicable.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure through DBS and provide successful references before commencing.Closing date for applications 26th February 2018.
All enquires to be directed to the Bursar at email@example.com