Pastry Demi Chef de Partie - The Royal Albert Hall
rhubarb is expanding its family at the iconic Royal Albert Hall.
Since January 2011, rhubarb have been at the Royal Albert Hall providing all food and drink at one of the world’s most iconic venues.
The Royal Albert Hall operation consists of 3 dining spaces: Verdi Italian Kitchen, Coda Restaurant, Elgar Bar & Grill, 14 bars, 1 retail outlet, 147 hospitality boxes and offers seated dinners for up to 2000 guests on a special raised floor in the auditorium.
We are now looking for a bright, passionate and keen Pastry Demi Chef de Partie to join the main kitchen working with a team of 10. As Pastry Demi you will be creating delicious treats such as cakes, petit fours, muffins, afternoon tea's and plated desserts ranging from sweet and simple to fine dining and advanced.
- Working as Pastry Chef you will be producing baked goods for our amazing Events, Restaurants and Cafe and create delicious desserts & Afternoon Tea.
- Oversee the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals in the restaurants.
- Able to carry out orders handed down by the sous chef and head chef.
- Work with other chefs in all other sections within the kitchen.
- You are able to commit to flexible work pattern undertaking evening shifts as well as weekend work.
- Exceptional cooking skills.
- You will possess excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- You will be an excellent team player and listen to directions.
- Be creative and innovative!
- Immaculate grooming standards
- Show drive and passion for producing good quality food!
Salary & Benefits
- Salary from £9.00/hr plus service charge depending on experience
- Exceptional opportunity for personal training and development
- Internal transfer and promotion opportunities
- Food and Beverage discount across the group
- Brilliant employee recognition programs
- Meals on duty
- Pension scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance helpline
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.