SEN School Teaching Assistant - Tower Hamlets - Autism ASD
*** SEN (ASD) Teaching Assistant ***
*** SEN School and College ***
*** "Outstanding" Ofsted ***
*** East London ***
We are currently working with a Special Educational Needs school and college in East London. They are currently looking to recruit a teaching assistant to start ASAP, who has experience working within SEN, specifically autism.
The school caters for secondary and college aged students who have Autism and Asperger's syndrome. The school is very well managed and is rated as "Outstanding" by Ofsted, but it does have its challenges due to the range of the needs of the students, including some challenging behaviour, making this a physically and mentally challenging role.
The school is within walking distance of 2 London Overground Stations, a mainline train Station and is on numerous popular bus routes.
You will be expected to work within a small class usually numbering between 4 to 5 students. Each class has a teacher and 2 to 3 teaching assistants, enabling all pupils to receive the appropriate amount of care and support.
Key skills and experience needed:
- SEN experience is essential, preferably with young people with autism / ASD
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
- Strong behaviour management
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, positive and friendly approach
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Tom Meredith at Veritas Education.
Veritas Education are currently working on several vacancies, so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give us a call so we can discuss other opportunities.
***Veritas Education offer competitive rates of pay***
Veritas Education are actively working with schools in Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge, Newham, Waltham Forest, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Islington, Camden, Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea, Haringey, Enfield, Barnet, Harrow, Brent, Hillingdon, Ealing, Hounslow, Hammersmith, Richmond, Kingston, Croydon, Merton, Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'