Commi Chef or CDP, Live In Accommodation Available for £200 a month
To assist in the preparation of cooking and presentation of food items served from the kitchens to the highest standards in a clean, tidy, safe and pleasant environment.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out thorough cleaning of Kitchen equipment and areas in a timely manner
- Ensuring all orders are collected and correctly stored as required
- Complying with all Health & Safety regulations relating to chemicals, equipment and cleaning materials within the Kitchen
- Assisting and supporting colleagues and managers in a team environment
- Ensure that all waste containers are cleaned as per the cleaning records
- Ensure that all areas managed are kept to the correct level of cleanliness
Skills & Experience
- Experience in a similar role ideally within a Hotel environmentCity & Guilds 706/1or NVQ equivalent Requirements
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- A positive attitude and ability to work well within a teamAbility to remain calm whilst under pressure
- Good preparation and co-ordination skills
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away.