To ensure equipment, controls and parts are ordered and returned efficiently, stored securely and distributed appropriately.
Engineering Support Manager
07.00 – 16.00 hours Monday to Friday
- To order routine equipment, parts and on-going consumables. Ensuring that specified stock levels are held and available for engineers.
- Deliveries – Administration of stock within CRM system
- Order specific stock and allocate to jobs. Advise other departments of parts availability and any delays.
- Distribute equipment to engineers ensuring appropriate paperwork is complete
- Logistics – Organise and send equipment straight to site from suppliers and by organising couriers.
- Purchase equipment at the best prices possible. Chase suppliers for updates and periodically review suppliers’ pricing.
- Ensure that the stores are kept in a tidy and organised manner, adhering to all health and safety criteria
- Routinely keep the warehouse clean and tidy to all health and safety criteria
- Process customer orders for ‘supply only’ i.e. transmitters
- Administer all returns through liaising with suppliers and couriers (every item that fails within five years is to be identified and reported upon accordingly)
- Previous engineering or stores roles not essential but would be an advantage
- Must be confident to use a computer for stock control and complete basic administrative functions. Microsoft Office experience an advantage
- Clear telephone manner
- Current clean driving licence
- Organised with an ability to work on own initiative with attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Use hands to perform intricate functions & occasionally lift weights up to 50 lbs.
- Use close vision occasionally
- Required to frequently stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, kneel, stoop, crouch and crawl.
- Predominantly within a warehouse and stores environment
Apply for STORES ASSISTANT
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly