Head Chef/Kitchen Manager needed for vegetarian cafe
We are looking for a passionate and creative Head Chef/Kitchen Manager to join our small team in our vegetarian café, located in central London. The chosen candidate will take overall responsibility of the kitchen with the help of our sous chef, and play a key part in our continued growth as a successful food-led business.
Having been open for nearly 4 years, we have developed a loyal following in the local area and further afield. Our offer is constantly evolving and caters to vegan, vegetarian, raw and gluten-free diets. We pride ourselves on seasonal produce, in-house baking, and innovative, consistently changing menus.
Our food is central to the business and stands alongside our specialty coffee and tea, cold-pressed organic juices and small retail offering. Food is prepared predominantly prior to service in a catering-like kitchen setting.
Qualities you need:
- Experience in menu design
- Motivation to go the extra mile
- A passion for fresh, healthy food
- Strong organisation skills
- Knowledge in baking
- Relevant professional experience in a similar setting
- A proven track record in producing vegan, gluten-free and raw options
- Ability to manage costings, margins & sourcing
- Desire to help us grow the business and be a long-term asset to it
Perks of the job:
- A very creative, independent role
- Daytime working hours
- Small team
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Scheme
Please note that you must be willing to work on Saturdays when needed!
If you are interested, eligible to work in the UK and can start asap, please send us your CV and a personal introduction. We look forward to hearing from you!