Chef / Cook
Family Mosaic has an exciting opportunity for a Chef / Cook to join their Extra Care team based in Burgess Hill. You will be there on a part time, permanent basis (working 11 hours per week), and you will be offered a competitive salary.
The Chef / Cook Role;
You will be responsible for the preparation, cooking and serving of breakfast and lunch for residents with learning disabilities and dementia. You will ensure that food handling, cleanliness, risk assessments and health and safety are adhered to in the highest possible standard. We offer a comprehensive training programme, pension scheme and a benefit package via salary sacrifice, including healthcare.
The working pattern will be:
Week one: Thursday and Friday 8.30am until 2.30pm
Week two: Saturday and Sunday 8.30am until 2.30pm
Responsibilities of our Chef / Cook;
- Undertake menu planning in consultation with customers which demonstrate recommended current nutritional guidelines for older people
- Undertake all of the preparation and cooking and serving of main meals, snacks, etc. in accordance with specified menus
- Ensure individuals on special diets or with specific cultural needs are catered for and that choice is also available
- Ensure adequate stocks of food are maintained (fresh, frozen and dried) and undertake monthly stock checks
- Check quantity and quality of stock received and notify suppliers of deficiencies
The ideal Chef / Cook will have the below skills and experience;
- NVQ Level 1 in Food and Hygiene
- Previous experience of working in a kitchen and providing meals for medium to large numbers
- Experience of menu planning
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Knowledge of older people and nutrition
- Understanding of special diets including gluten free, dairy free, diabetes, low fat etc
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Chef / Cook then please click ‘apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!