Shift Engineer - The Ned London
Shift Engineer, The Ned
How The Ned Happened
Taking over the City’s disused Midland Bank Building, Soho House & Co. and New York’s Sydell Group have collaborated to restore the beautiful Grade I listed building. Hosting 9 restaurants, bars, a member’s club, Barber & Parlour, Ned’s Club Active & Relax, two swimming pools, along with six dedicated event spaces.
Keep all equipment in good repair providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel. Complete maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following hotels standard operating procedures. Work towards and support the improvement of engineering service to guests, other departments and colleagues. Work within a shift rota providing the hotel with 24-hour cover.
• Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
• Understand and operate electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and water systems.
• Communicate with different departments and to provide them with information and assistance.
• Check for new maintenance requests from the PMS (Property Management System) and update remarks once the task is completed.
• Ability to read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safety manuals.
• Perform maintenance activities in the guest rooms and public areas including electrical equipment, plumbing and Air conditioning.
• Program TV's and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
• Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
• To monitor fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
• Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
• Train and instruct other members of the staff through sharing of knowledge and skills.
• One of the most competitive salaries in the industry.
• 28 paid holidays per annum inclusive of bank holidays
• Complimentary meals on duty
• Annual staff events
• Discounted rates at The Ned
• Fantastic career growth opportunities.
Only those eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the above position.
Thank you for showing your interest in The Ned – we know there’s a lot of choice out there – and we look forward to working with you.