Waiting & Bar Staff - Full Time - The Hare & Hounds - The Bath Pub Company
Front of house staff, The Hare & Hounds.
The Hare & Hounds are looking to recruit a full time front of house member to join our team.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about excellent service, food & wine and be an enthusiastic team member. Our pub is incredibly popular, so you’ll also need to enjoy working in a busy environment.
About the company
The Bath Pub Company is an independent company operating 4 premium gastropubs in Bath, including two 2AA Rosette pubs. We are all about great food, fantastic service and a friendly pub atmosphere.
We’re also passionate about building a great company that people love to work for and plan to add new pubs to our group in time. We look to promote internally wherever possible so there’s plenty of opportunities for future progression. Our staff development policy is to help all our staff realise their potential – and we actively seek opportunities for them to do so.
We have won many awards and accolades for the pubs: Best Gastropub, two 2AA rosette and one AA rosette ratings, inclusion in this year's Michelin guide, 3rd best Gastropub in the UK (Tripadvisor).
Hourly rate of pay is up to £7.50 an hour, depending on your age, plus a share of tips (around £5,200 a year based on the last 12 months for full time staff).
Gratuities are split equally between all staff on a per shift basis.
- 25% discount on food and drink at any of our pubs for you plus a guest.
- Staff trips, which have so far included overnight stays in Champagne, Italy, London and Spain, as well as supplier & restaurant visits (including The Hand & Flowers, Casa Mia and The Pony & Trap).
- Wine can be purchased at cost price (up to 75% discount from list price).
- Twice annual staff party, with the teams from all our pubs.
- From your first month with us, you are entered into our monthly sales competition. If your pub hits their target, all staff win a prize, from a bottle of wine to one of the top 5 ‘star’ prizes, which this year have included £300 cash, weekend trips away, tablets, coffee machines, festival tickets, pizza ovens, amongst many others. In the last twelve months, over £5,000 of prizes have been won.
- 'Recommend a friend' recruitment scheme, which for each person you recommend and starts working for us, you can earn either £200 or £500.
- Childcare vouchers (20% discount against childcare costs, such as nurseries, pre-school and after school/holiday clubs).
- Opportunities to complete further NVQ Training available and also stages at other restaurants (which most recently has included The Hand & Flowers).
- The company operates a long service ladder of benefits that reward staff who stay with the company for long haul. These include:
- Increased holiday allowance (up to a maximum 31 days).
- Increased company contributions to your pension scheme.
- Company paid parental leave (up to two weeks at full pay).
- Be over 18 years
- Have previous bar and waiting experience in volume and high quality outlets
- Speak fluent English
- Have your own transport to get to and from work (shifts will be outside of public transport hours)
- There is no live-in accommodation available.