Assistant Manager - The Locksbrook Inn - £23,000 package - The Bath Pub Company
Assistant Manager, The Locksbrook Inn.
The Locksbrook Inn is looking to recruit an assistant manager to join our growing team.
The successful candidate will be passionate about excellent service, food & wine, thrive working in a very busy environment and have bags of enthusiasm. You will already have experience as an assistant manager, be out going and super friendly. Our pub is incredibly popular, so you’ll also need to be able to handle large numbers and busy services.
About the company:
The Bath Pub Company Ltd is a young and growing independent pub company that operates four award winning gastropubs in Bath.
Our pubs are all about great food, fantastic service and a friendly pub atmosphere. It’s as important to us to have happy staff working in our pubs as it is to have them filled up with happy customers.
We’re committed to building a great company that people love to work for and plan to add new pubs to our group in time. We look to promote internally wherever possible so there’s plenty of opportunities for future progression. Our staff development policy is to help all our staff realise their potential – and we actively seek opportunities for them to do so.
Our company values and company culture are really important to us – it’s important that anyone joining our company is comfortable with them and is a good fit for the company. Our values are based on professionalism, openness, friendliness and positivity. We’d encourage any prospective candidate to take a look at our company values that we post on our website – if they don’t strike a chord with you, then we’re probably not a good fit for each other.
Total annual salary of £19,000, plus bonus of £2,000 per year, and a share of tips.
25% discount on food and drink at any of our pubs for you plus a guest.
Staff trips, which have so far included overnight stays in Champagne, Italy, London, Barcelona and Rioja, as well as supplier & restaurant visits (including The Hand & Flowers, Casa Mia and The Pony & Trap).
Wine can be purchased at cost price (up to 75% discount from list price).
Twice annual staff party, with the teams from all our pubs.
From your first month with us, you are entered into our monthly sales competition. If your pub hits their target, all staff win a prize, from a bottle of wine to one of the top 5 ‘star’ prizes, which this year have included £300 cash, weekend trips away, tablets, coffee machines, festival tickets, pizza ovens, amongst many others. In the last twelve months, over £5,000 of prizes have been won.
'Recommend a friend' recruitment scheme, which for each person you recommend and starts working for us, you can earn either £250 or £500.
Childcare vouchers (20% discount against childcare costs, such as nurseries, pre-school and after school/holiday clubs).
Opportunities to complete further NVQ Training available and also stages at other restaurants (which most recently has included The Hand & Flowers).
The company operates a long service ladder of benefits that reward staff who stay with the company for long haul. These include:
Increased holiday allowance (up to a maximum 31 days).
Increased company contributions to your pension scheme.
Company paid parental leave (up to two weeks at full pay).
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Support to the senior management in the delivery of both first class customer service front of house, and in the smooth operation of the back of house systems.
• Assist in the management of your team and rota to ensure correct staffing levels while achieving your targeted payroll percentage
• Ensure accurate stock control and stock ordering to achieve targeted drink GP% and no loss of stock.
• Work to a consistently high standard in a calm manner and in line with the company’s codes of conduct.
• Ensure that all parts of the pub (inside and outside) are fully prepared and ready to receive customers before the pub is open to the public.
• Act as mentor for new incoming staff – set standards in terms of service, dress code, behavior.
• Ensure compliance with all legal, licensing and regulatory obligations.
Skills and experience
• Proven experience running a busy front of house as a Deputy/Assistant Manager, with a quality gastro pub food offering.
• Excellent customer hosting skills – able to personally deliver outstanding standards of customer care.
• A hard working individual with bags of energy and passion; who will lead from the front and thrive during busy shifts.
• Have a meticulous attention to detail and extremely high standards of cleanliness.
• Common sense, level headed and able to form good working relationships with colleagues
• Strong organisational skills to deliver an efficient & professional service.
• Practical – can you unblock a sink, or change a fuse if needed?!
• Unflappable – you’ll need to be able to handle a busy pub and large volumes of customers!
• Strong social media skills – part of your role will be to champion us on social media
• IT literate – can you work with spreadsheets or reboot a router?!
• Good strategic thinker – can you bring ideas to the party and solve problems?
• Energetic and positive – can you make both customers and staff feel good about themselves?
• A good team player – can you form strong working relationships with colleagues and reports?
• Quietly ambitious - you want to be part of something special and make your mark
• Well groomed and well presented – appearances matter
• Friendly & sociable – a natural people person with a good sense of humour
= Have your own transport to get to and from work (shifts will be outside of public transport hours)
= Speak fluent English
= There is no live-in accommodation available.