New opportunity not to be missed! Innovative Technology has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Strategic Buyer to join our growing team based in Oldham, Manchester. In return, we offer a highly-competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
At Innovative Technology we’re a global market leader in the design and manufacture of cash validation devices and processing services. We’ve over 380 employees at 10 locations across five continents, with around 180 based in our state-of-the-art head office at the Innovative Business Park in Oldham, Manchester.
As a result of our continued international growth and new product development, Innovative Technology is looking for passionate individuals to join our highly-successful, expanding team. If you’re a visionary in your field and unafraid to challenge the status quo, you could be exactly what we need.
At Innovative Technology we strive to be the best at what we do and are proud of our track record of innovation and growth, so it is great to be recognised for our achievements and success. Recent accolades include two Queen’s Awards, for Innovation and Enterprise: International Trade, The Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and being listed in the London Stock Exchange 1000 companies to inspire Britain.
You’ll find us on the edge of the Pennines and less than half an hour from central Manchester, with great local amenities and transport links on our doorstep. On-site we have modern, open-plan offices, a rapid prototype workshop and development laboratory, which along with our friendly and hardworking culture should help you feel right at home.
In this new and exciting role you will work side-by-side with our Engineering, Production and Finance departments to ensure that we are getting the best quality and value on components, for our market-leading products.
You will work closely with our suppliers to ensure they meet our demands, whilst developing long-term procurement strategies, completing audits and selecting of new suppliers.
With our aim of having world-class standards of organisation this is a fantastic opportunity for an established and proven Strategic Buyer to take the next step in their career, in our fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Develop new strategies for business growth and reporting to senior members as to how the company can develop the Procurement function further
- Working collaboratively across the business to develop creative and innovative strategic sourcing plans and systems, to deliver effective procurement solutions
- Use data analysis to drive continuous improvement and to deliver savings to the business
- Constant cost reduction projects, new supplier selection and assessment, and evaluation of supplier capacity through commercial negotiations and supplier development
- Lead supplier escalation campaigns where poor supplier performance threatens project objectives, production goals, quality objectives and cost objectives
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree qualification in either Engineering, Supply Chain management or Business Economics, would be preferred
- Supply chain management and purchasing skills, allied to strong financial acumen
- Electronics background required, ideally with offshore purchasing experience
- Value Stream Management and VSM mapping techniques incorporating LEAN tools
- Excellent communicator and ability to influence to a senior level, both written and verbal
- Plan for every part (PFEP) methodologies
- The ability to manage multiple suppliers across a range of technologies
Your Package & Perks
- Highly-competitive and negotiable, depending on suitability and experience
- Workplace Pension Scheme, with a 3% contribution from us
- Flexible working hours, with the option to finish from midday on Fridays
- Paid breaks, lounge style canteens, with free fruit and hot premium drinks
- 24 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, for great work-life balance, with the opportunity to earn extra days holiday
- Private Healthcare Scheme available for you (as benefit in kind), and the option to add family members
- Educational Sponsorship, Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Informal dress code, free onsite modern gym, free secure parking, staff car workshop and an active social calendar
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join our dedicated team as Strategic Buyer, click ‘Apply’ now!