Birmingham College job vacancy
Job Title: EFL Teacher
Location(s): Birmingham College, UK Campus (www.bcol.co.uk)
Daily Hours: 9: 00 am - 5:30 pm
Start date: Immediate
Salary: To be discussed on individual merit / experience
Birmingham College welcomes applications from newly CELTA-qualified teachers interested in working as part of a team to deliver learner-centered General English, EAP and IELTS programmes.
This is an opportunity for recently-qualified teachers to work alongside an established ELT expert, while more experienced tutors will have the satisfaction of contributing to a new department in a well-resourced college and supporting mature learners who are working towards an IFP or General English and IELTS preparation programmes.
Teachers are expected to have an interest in their professional development and be prepared to maintain both student and teaching records. Full training and induction to the college ethos, resources and student culture will be provided as well as ongoing mentoring, however any experience of working with Gulf Arab and/or Chinese learners or knowledge of the IELTS exam will be an asset.
Birmingham College accepts students from the age of 16. To meet safeguarding requirements successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check and references will be followed up.
A minimum qualification of a Bachelors Degree and CELTA is required.
Good interpersonal, IT, numeracy, organisational, time management and communication skills are essential.
Typical Work Duties:
• classroom teaching, management, provide individual tutorials;
• planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups;
• preparing and setting tests, examination papers, and exercises;
• marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work;
• opportunity for devising, writing and producing new materials for the college
• organising and getting involved in social and cultural activities such as sports competitions, school parties, dinners and excursions;
• attending and contributing to training sessions;
• participating in marketing events for the language school;
• preparing information for inspection visits and other quality assurance exercises;
• freelance teaching on a one-to-one basis;
• basic administration, such as keeping student registers and attendance records, progressions
To apply please send in your CV and covering letter to the Assistant Director of Studies.
Interviews will be held at Birmingham College (BMI Building, 9 Margaret Street, B3 3BS).