Personal Assistance/Carer required
Family of 3, 1 adult & 2 children, aged 8 & almost 6 are seeking assistance. Main role will be caring for 6 year old boy with disabilities living in the Carnoustie area.
Must have a full driver's licence, be a non smoker, have excellent communication skills and a desire to work with a child with complex and multiple needs. Excellent attention to detail is absolutely essential.
Usual hours will be Monday to Friday, 7-9.15am and 14.45-5pm but applicant must be flexible as these hours may change due to hospital appointments, hospital admissions and times where my son is in respite. Additional hours may be required at weekends and evenings, holidays or when he is off school sick.
Our life can be rather manic and unpredictable and sometimes last minute help is required if possible. No two weeks are the same!
From experience, my son can become very unwell and spend time in hospital which would impact on the successful applicants hours so please keep this in mind.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following….
- Preparing medication
- Stock taking of medication/supplies
- Ordering medication/supplies
- Changing my son
- Emptying/changing stoma & bile bags
- Using hoist to safely transfer my son
- Bedtime procedure when necessary (involves putting on bipap non-invasive ventilator
- Chest physio
- General care
- Preparing enteral feeds
- Driving to and from local school and sometimes to respite home in Dundee
- Getting my son in and out of wheelchair accessible van
- Some general household duties and tidying and various errands
- Morning work will usually be alongside me but afternoon work will usually be alone
Experience is preferred but not essential, as full training will be given. My main request is that you have a caring and loving personality and a willingness to learn, be flexible and again, excellent attention to detail. My son is obviously very precious to me and as he is non-verbal and unable to do anything for himself, I really want someone with extremely high standards.
There is an option of 2 people sharing this job.
This position may suit a retired nurse.
Applicants will need to have a full PVG check prior to being offered the position.
Rate of pay £9 per hour.
For further details and application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org