Want to work on a beautiful Greek island? This summer?
Symi, which is located in the dodecanese group of islands and is close to Rhodes and Kos, is a stunning, small (24 sq. miles) oasis that is home to a population of approximately 3,500 residents. This population balloons in the summer months due to its beautiful harbour, hot weather and loyal tourists. Just Google it!
A well established cocktail bar (The Vapori Bar) run by an Greek/English couple are looking for bar and waiting staff for the summer season 2018 (May until mid October).
You will need;
- a full and current EU passport (A visa is not acceptable)
- a CV
- the ability to work long hours, be flexible and enjoy hot weather!
- good spoken English is essential
- to be able to work with people from many cultures and different languages
- foreign language skills are not essential but are beneficial (particularly Greek).
- a willingness to learn basic Greek greatings and an appreciation of Greek lifestyle would be advantageous
- you must be available to work from at least the middle of May until the middle of October
- bar and waiting experience is essential
We will provide;
- free accomodation
- monthly salary plus tips
- the opportunity to be part of our beautiful Greek community
Our bar attracts a wide variety of tourists and Greek residents who enjoy our relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our team of staff need to be able to be able to hold friendly conversations with our customers and present themselves and our brand professionally. The ability to sell and foster a fun atmosphere is essential.
Mary and Michaelis (the owners) have been running the Vapori (the bar) for over 30 years and have been featured in the rough guide to Greek islands. Michaelis is a born and bred ‘Symian’, whereas Mary is English and will be interviewing potential candidates in London where she spends the Winter months working as a Primary School teacher.
Mary also runs a clothes shop next door to the bar which has even sold clothes to Catherine Zeta Jones.
If you are interested, contact email@example.com