The Society Standard, in Cardiff, is an independent bar & kitchen, we serve quality food and drink in a laid back atmosphere. The food, all made from scratch from fresh seasonal produce, is served seven days a week, ranging from brunch to dinner & Sunday roasts.
Society Standard is one of four established bar&kitchen's. As well as the Urban Standard & North St Standard in Bristol...we have another site recently opened, in Exeter, the South Street Standard. Many of our chefs have progressed within the company, with a few moving from one site to another to allow for their personal development.
- To assist the head chef in managing a food service operation that delivers efficiency & profit, whilst maintaining high standards of quality and customer satisfaction.
- As Sous Chef you will be required to have control over all aspects of the kitchen in the head chefs absence
You should be:
- A calm and organised Sous chef.
- A chef that can cook, taste and enjoy their food!
- A team player, with great communication & leadership skills.
- An ambitious and enthusiastic Chef with a desire to progress.
- Experienced at working in quality establishments, working with fresh, seasonal produce.
What we offer
- A career in a growing company with opportunities for development.
- An average of 44-48 hours per week. No crazy 60/70 hour weeks here!
- Competitive rate of pay, and a share of the tips.
- Free meals on duty, and a discount on food and beverage when off duty.
- A vibrant working environment!
Please send us your CV and a covering letter explaining why we should consider you as an applicant.
PLEASE NOTE!: we will only respond to applicants who put the words.... GENUINE APPLICATION at the top of your email
Apply for Sous chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly