Junior Sous Chef
Junior Sous Chef – The Little Angel – Henley on Thames
Experienced Junior Sous Chef £21,000-£23,000 depending on experience –plus tips – live in available
Junior Sous Chef
What we offer:
· Salary of up to £23,000 depending on experience plus tips
· Discounts at restaurants and major retailers
· 70% off meals whilst on duty
· Cooking with fresh locally sourced ingredients
· Brand new kitchen
· Laundered whites
· 28 days holiday
· 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our ten other sites
· 50% off hotel rooms within our six sites with rooms (Sunday through Wednesday)
· Full training and development, including external courses.
In order to be a successful Junior Sous Chef you will,
· Have experience of managing a busy kitchen, taking control in the absence of the Head Chef.
· Have a passion for simple, well executed food with great ingredients.
· Be able to motivate the team to produce consistently great food as well as the ability to manage the team to deliver the required standards of health and safety, cleaning and food hygiene.
· Be confident in training and recruiting new team members and strive to be the best at what they do.
· Be expected to manage to costings, margin and labour costs within the kitchen.
· Have good communication skills
· Be computer literate to a good standard.
The successful candidate will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
The Little Angel (www.thelittleangel.co.uk)
- Situated 100 meters from the River Thames and the centre of Henley on Thames
- A large yet cosy L shaped bar area
- Main restaurant covers 80
- Conservatory, 50 covers and used for private functions
- Outside terrace area with approx. 60 covers
- Food style Modern British, mainly fresh from scratch
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.