My client is seeking an experienced Sous Chef to join one of the finest country pubs on the outskirts of Chichester to support its positive, dynamic and incredibly hard-working team.
- To assist in ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the kitchen & its brigade.
- To report to the Head Chef, deputising in his absence.
- To ensure consistency of produce throughout the kitchen.
- To supervise service and ensure presentation of food is compliant with restaurant standards.
- To maintain the highest standards at all times, including hygiene and ingredient control.
- To assist in staff training and development.
- A willingness to demonstrate leadership, in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Ambition to contribute to the growth of the business through menu development and creativity.
- Fantastic communication skills
In return the company can offer:
- A guarantee to be part of a friendly, fun & professional kitchen team.
- British menus, with produce sourced from local suppliers.
- A competitive basic salary with generous performance-based bonus.
- A real opportunity to contribute to business success, and be acknowledged for that contribution.
Due to the location of the business, you will need to have your own transport.