Head Chef required at the Britannia, Guildford
Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Head Chef to join our management team at the Britannia, Guildford.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of over sixty managed houses in the London and the South East; The Britannia is a multi award winning pub & restaurant that was crowned Shepherd Neames ‘Pub of the Year’ in 2016. It is perfectly located on the banks of river Wey and currently operating on a 65% wet and 35% food split, we take great pride in producing a traditional and quality pub style menu together with a great level of customer service.
We need a strong but hands on Head Chef that can further develop and strengthen our existing team, motivating them to reach their career potential in the longer term.
This unique and exciting opportunity will see you working with us to uphold our food offering, quality and standards whilst helping us to move our business forward to the next level.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- A strong Senior Sous / Sous Chef that is ready to take the next step.
- High volume catering and function experience.
- The ability to lead and develop a large kitchen team.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- First class support from our Head Development Chef.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now or you can call our Trade Recruitment Co-ordinator for more information on 01795 542132.