Construction Project Manager
Do you have project manager experience within the construction / commercial fit out industry?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding new opportunity?
Due to our continued growth in an increasingly design-led commercial refurbishment and fit out market, we are now seeking an efficient and organised Project Manager to join our dedicated team in Crawley.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior, experienced project manager with a proven track record in the commercial fit out industry.
This company is dedicated to providing innovative consultancy, fitout, furniture and refurbishment solutions for commercial and education markets in London and South East England.
This is the ideal role for an ambitious Project Manager with at least 3 years' experience in a similar role, looking to take their next step with a dynamic and rapidly growing company. In this fantastic opening, you'll have the chance to make a real impact on our business growth plans.
If you are looking for a career, with genuine opportunities to move up the ladder, then we are a company that want to help you, guide you and inspire you to achieve your full potential.
As Project Manager you will have overall responsibility for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of a project. You will have a combination of skills including an ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts, as well as more general management skills. An excellent Project Manager must be well-versed in construction methodologies and procedures and be able to coordinate a team of sub-contractors of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The Project Manager needs to have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
- The Project Manager will be primarily responsible for the overall successfulness of delivering a project, reaching set targets both safely and correctly.
- The Project Manager must be able to perform effectively within tight time-scales, keep within strict budgets and create a positive client environment such that clients become/remain in a good relationship throughout the contract.
- The Project Manager will manage a set of service deliveries, which must be achieved on time to ensure all activities in the schedule are completed in time. To overcome certain tasks, project managers must show initiative and be able to find ways to best adapt a situation to provide a successful overall critical path analysis.
- Liaise with suppliers, lead times, order acknowledgments, deliveries to site and contractors.
- During the running of the project; arrange day to day deliveries - creating outgoing delivery notes and completing the delivery on computer system. Chase late deliveries. Ensure that deliveries direct to site are "delivered in" on the ERP system and necessary outgoing completed. Constant liaison with the project manager, and help with any issues.
- Liaising with sales, design, pre-con, estimating teams.
- Attend weekly 121 meetings with operations manager and project manager to take notes and update task tracker.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- To successfully deliver fitout and refurbishment projects on spec, on time, and on budget.
- To maintain great client relationships.
- Ensuring site is professionally maintained and reflective of corporate professional image.
Project Manager | Senior Project Manager | Construction Projects | Refurbishment Projects | Communication | Diary Management | Construction | Crawley | Gatwick | West Sussex
- Must have a solid grasp of the construction / furniture project delivery process and understand the strategies needed for maximum margin.
- Must have a complete understanding of construction project H&S, project control documentation and project financial management.
- A proven track record with at least 3 years in Construction Project Management.
- Must be computer literate to a reasonable degree of proficiency.
- Must be highly proficient in professional business English - written and oral.
- Experience in call handling and customer facing skills with sub-contractors, suppliers and clients.
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Functional use of MS Office, Word, Excel, and the ability to learn and utilise sales tools specific to the company.
- Able to demonstrate self-motivation to improve knowledge and skills through personal research and development.
Additional Salary Information:
Company lunch provided, 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
The company has been in the fitout industry for over 25 years, and has seen strong growth in recent years.
We work together as a close knit team, valuing our family heritage and promoting mutual respect and support. This has created a loyal, customer-focused team, who uphold the following values:
- Respect; for other persons, their property and feelings
- Integrity; Honesty, truthfulness and loyalty
- Diligence; hard work and time-keeping
- Professionalism; dress, demeanour and language
- Continual improvement; better not bigger