Our HandyMan will be an enthusiastic and unique individual. Being pro-active in your approach you will lead from the front, ensuring you get the very best from our team. You will be detailed orientated, motivated and driven in order to go above and beyond and deliver a warm and welcoming guest experience.
Dorsett Shepherds Bush is a listed building with 317 rooms, 2 restaurants, a Spa, 3 meeting rooms and an executive lounge. The hotel opened its doors in June 2014 and over the last 3 years has gained the reputation of delivering excellent guest experiences in a beautiful hotel with comfortable and well appointed rooms.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and will be an exciting new step in your career, the opportunity to learn and develop new skills will be available from day one.
The role involves the following (however not limited to):
• Assist the Chief Engineer and Senior Engineer in maintaining all Building Services within the complex in good working order
• Undertake small plumbing repairs.
• Undertake replacement of small electrical equipment i.e. bulb replacement, fitting of plug tops, replacement of small accessories.
• To control costs through correct stock ordering and minimising wastage, forecasting and managing workload.
• Ensure security for both self and all departments.
• Be familiar with in-house facilities for the purpose of assisting guests and promoting sales so that guests receive prompt and cordial attention with personal recognition.
• Communicate with other departments on engineering matters which concern them.
• Conduct regular routine inspections of equipment and areas under the control of Engineering.
• Maintain appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture of all departmental associates.
• Perform any related duties and special projects as required.